The Craziness that is the Hiltons!

Wonderful times and memories from my family to yours!

Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Date Time with Daddy!!

So after Courtney cranking(literally) out 135 miles yesterday, I know, insane:-), we decided that we'd go for a ride downtown for some breakfast while Patrick was in school this morning! These times are few and far between for us, but so grateful for them when we're able to make things happen!! So my sweet dear husband saddled up and we ended up deciding to hit Panera at Jordan Creek instead, better breakfast than Java Joes, says Courtney, I would have no idea...I lead a sheltered coffee shop life! Nice ride out on a incredibly beautiful day w/ only a few huffs and puffs from me, thank goodness Courtney enjoys riding company and rode "slow" with me the whole way there:-). Excellent breakfast and wonderful time sitting on the patio at Panera with the love of my life getting a chance to talk about anything and everything we could cram into an hours time w/o little people sticking their oh so precious little noses in the middle of. It's so nice to take time to remember what is important in our life together and make plans for the future, mind you, we don't make long distance plans, we make how are we going to survive another week plans in our home, and things are much calmer now too! We recalled today after seeing a mom at the mall with her 2 little girls, probably 2 and 4, pregnant w/ #3, very pregnant, how that used to be us!!! I look back now and have decided that when the kids were little, we must have survived only on pure survival mode itself!! I constantly see families w/ 3 little ones like we had and think how on earth do they do it? Then again, how did we do it??? I think we were crazy for popping those little babies out so quickly, not that I'd change a single thing about any of it! It definately made us so much closer and be able to connect on a totally different level than just husband and wife, the role of Mom and Dad suit us very well and I can't imagine being on this roller coaster ride w/ anyone else but him!!!
So I digress, but it's fun for us getting out once every 3-4 months alone for an hour or so, I know it's not much or often, but it's better than nothing, right:-)? Can't wait for our next fun outing together and hope it's a wonderful birthday dinner in a month before my hubby takes off to brave the gravel in Wisconsin for a week! I know, crazy, but hey, we wouldn't live up to the title of this blog if there weren't random adventures to keep us all on our toes!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys got a nice day in!

    and, yes - PROPS. I can't even take care of myself- let alone 3 little ones!

    ReplyDelete