The Craziness that is the Hiltons!

Wonderful times and memories from my family to yours!

Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Monday, June 13, 2011

Craziness at it's best....

So, to say that our last week has been dull and boring, is being tooooo kind in soooo many ways!!  The girls finished out their school year last Monday, the 6th, which was followed by an evening of staying up until 9:30 playing outside:-)!!  Tuesday afternoon we had the girls dance pics, way overpriced, but always adorable:-).  Thursday had us at dance dress rehearsal for the recital over the weekend, from 7-9:45pm, which was following an hour of gymnastics class also!!!  Super busy doesn't begin to describe it I'm afraid, and we haven't even got to the kicker of the weekend.............THE ACCIDENT!!!
So, Austyn was helping me out by bringing in the dogs Friday evening, when she told me she was bleeding, which I, of course, put off as normal Austyn drama, so ignored.  Then my sweet, screaming 8 year old comes down the stairs w/ blood GUSHING out of her right foot.....panic set in immediately!!  SIDENOTE: To top things off, Courtney and Abbie were out on the Friday Night Tandem Ride that has just started here in Des Moines, which seems to be a normalcy lately when injuries happen....ugh!!  I swooped her up, all 62 lbs of her, like she was 10 lbs, and carried her to the bathroom to rinse off her foot to find out where it was bleeding from and how bad and if there was anything still stuck in it.  I had Patrick grab my phone, PRAISE THE LORD FOR THE $50 REPLACEMENT PHONE(my phone died over the weekend in Kansas by a very large glass of water) that had just arrived earlier the day before, and tried to get ahold of Daddy.  No go....of course...  So, onto Mimi(Courtney's mom), to which I commented, "YOU TOLD ME ONLY HEAD WOUNDS GUSH....YOU SAID NOTHING ABOUT FEET!!!!!"  We decided to drop Patrick off at their place and take Austyn to the walk-in, which closed 45 minutes later, we made it just in time, with the fastest appt, w/ the exception of the one we had today(thought she had strep/ear infection...apparently I'm slipping in my super human illness detection skills lately, no go on either:-().  The doc gave us 2 options, stitches or sterile strips( her slice was over an inch long and sliced kinda like you slice cheese on a mandolin, right on the bottom/back of the foot right next to the heel)....I choose the easy way, I wanted to avoid holding her down while numbing the heel, only for her to be hysterical while watching them stitch her up, and we were sent on our way with a very bandaged foot and a very heavy heart.....the doc told us she wouldn't be able to dance in her recital the next day, no matter which option we choose, so all that work for the year, seemed to be for not:-(.
Abbie ended up dancing by herself w/ the class, she was sooooo lost w/o her partner, but it reiterated to Austyn and us, that she wanted/loved to dance and we made the correct choice for her to continue dance next year!  We have had lots of tv watching and lounging for Austyn since Friday, along w/ whatever this virus she's also fighting now, that we have been about spent over the last week....geez, that was only a week's worth, oofftah!!!!
Today was good, thank goodness, with only the visit to the walk-in again for what seems to be a virus....and an awesome time walking to the closest elementary for both breakfast and lunch(free for children 18 and under all summer Monday-Friday), which was also bittersweet w/ a walk home in the middle of today's storms, if you live here in DM, you know what I'm talking about....crazy!!!!!  Patrick is taking a class called "Safety Town" at the same school from 9-11:30 am all this week, which is a fun safety of all things and a trip to the fire/police station on Thursday, which he has yet to know about, I forgot to tell him....and the girls and Emmie and I are chilling:-)!!  Daddy goes back to work tomorrow after having the last 11 days off, which it will be nice to have my routine back, but I LOVE the extra Daddy time we've had the last 11 days:-)!!

Well, I suppose I've done enough rambling for today, I'm off to move a sleeping monkey from my bed to collapse myself:-)!!  Have a great and eventful week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment