The Craziness that is the Hiltons!

Wonderful times and memories from my family to yours!

Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy birthday to ME!!!!!

So, the inevitable has happened, I'm officially old now:-)!!  Last year, turning 30 really didn't faze me at all, and quite honestly, I'm thinking 31 won't either, but still, 31 is old!!!!  My husband was so kind to text me this morning after getting to work, and wished me a Happy birthday, which when the kids read my text, they thought Daddy was wishing me a Happy Father's Day;-)-(I politely reminded them that Father's Day was on Sunday, not my birthday(it was the same day last year, so I'm not surprised by the response) and also, that I already had my Mother's Day(in combination w/ Patrick's birthday party) but thanks for the thought)....and then he sent another text asking if it was okay for him to officially refer to me as "his old lady", and of course, it was early, so I said sure, with no witty comeback/sarcasm response.  I wish I had one now, but I'm working on my witty comeback tonight, don't you worry honey!!!

A few months ago, Austyn was asking me about something and I told her, sure, that happened to me 13 years ago.....then I stopped and thought a moment and corrected the response to 23 years ago!!  Wow, I'm old enough to have had something happen to me 23 years ago and I still remember it;-)...PS-Thanks to my bestie, Jennifer for the awesome birthday card in the mail yesterday w/ the old man reminding me how old I am and how I can now excusably be forgetful!!

But really, I'm just so honored to have so much to look back on in my last 31 years!!!  It's been almost 9 years of marriage w/ my wonderful husband, I've had not 1, but 3 blessings in the last 8 years(yeah, they annoy me here and there, but I guess I'll keep them around and say they are mine most of the time;-), an awesome group of friends, lots of extended family, a wonderful blessing of 2 church families(my home church and the church my Dad pastors where I grew up) and everything in between!!!!  A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who already has and for all the people who will take time out of their busy day to say Happy Birthday to little "old" Anna today and this weekend!!  You're such a wonderful group of people to make someone feel so special and wanted/needed!!!  GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment