The Craziness that is the Hiltons!

Wonderful times and memories from my family to yours!

Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

So, with tomorrow being Valentine's Day again, I'm reminded of our first Valentine's Day we spent together, we being Courtney and I! We were married the July before and I was 7 months preggo with our first daughter, Austyn and we had a blizzard, surprise, surprise! And to top off the blizzard happening, my parents were moving out of our current house, they rented it from my inlaws before we found out we were expecting, 4 weeks after getting married, and they offered to downsize so we could have the "big" house for our growing family! I don't remember going out to dinner at all, funds were short back then, but I do remember my first Valentine's gift from my beloved. A huge green frog(I was obsessed with frogs, being I grew up w/ the last name Hopper) holding a big red heart saying "I love you". The fun in this gift is the playful childlike spirit of my husband and soon to be "the world's greatest Daddy", was oozing from this!! Also, he had hidden it in moving boxes about a month before and I had no idea until he went to unpack every box to figure out which one it was in:-)!! Those were the days!!! Simple, to the point, goofy gifts from my baby!! In the years since, I have received lots of boxes of chocolates, special cards from my little ones and the love of my beloved for another fantastic year!! I know, sappy, but man, I appreciate every moment I'm able to spend with my Courtney and the wonderful children he and I have been so greatly blessed with! I know my husband hates the commercialized catholic holiday, but it's just another reason to remind ourselves how fortunate we are to be so loved by everyone in our lives and to be able to love them unconditionally in return! Hope everyone has a fantastic Valentine's Day with your loved ones!!

2 comments:

  1. hey anna! i found your blog finally! i remember that blizzard, i had to babysit for a wedding that evening and it was crazy! fun going down memory lane and being reminded of how great of a guy you got isnt it!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic Kasey!! I've re-found my love of writing and it's lots of fun just sharing what's on my heart w/o worrying about what anyone else thinks...although comments are always fun to respond to:-)!! I appreciate my Courtney more and more every day...especially now that he is working/riding so much more! We love every moment w/ him!! Hope you all are having a great weekend away! I can't wait for something like that too:-)

    ReplyDelete