The Craziness that is the Hiltons!

Wonderful times and memories from my family to yours!

Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My 3 hour commute

So, our girls have been involved in gymnastics at Jacobs Gymastics in Waukee for the last 3 years. Fabulous facility, wonderful, caring teachers and reasonable prices(my favorite in all three of those)! However, in the past 2 years my girls have either been in the same class or when their ability levels changed, were in different classes at the same time. This fall brought the new schedule with staggered classes, which for us means one goes from 5:30-6:30 and the other from 6-7. Add in drive time to drop Patrick off at Mimi and Umpa's(my in-laws) house and the almost 30 minute commute out to the middle of Waukee and back to pick up little man and get home, we're gone from 4:45-7:30 every Wednesday night. I'm done! I feel like my Wednesday nights are nothing but driving and listening to complaining children about how hungry and tired they are on the way out and back. So, I've done some research here closer to home and found a wonderful gym close by that is actually a little cheaper(happy Mommy) and has the same structure for their classes, by ability, not by age. Corner House Gymnastics is just off 72nd and Douglas in Urbandale and on a good day, 15 minutes from home, which will mean a 1 1/2 commute total which saves my time and gas!! I'm very excited to have the girls start, we'll be starting the beginning of March, had to give notice at the other gym, but looking forward to the new journey we will experience! The girls were actually not too upset about the change, hoping tonight was at the new gym! I'm thinking they're just as tired of the driving and waiting as I am, but have just never said anything. I'm going to miss the relationships we've built with the owner of the gym, the teachers and the other families, but know that this will be a very welcome change in our lives so we can spend some more time together!

1 comment:

  1. good news! I was one of 7, and Mom was thrilled to find out that we could all swim with the local swim team (separated by ability, of course) AT THE SAME TIME.

    ReplyDelete